Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Where I Am At

Well, this blogging thing has certainly become a little sparse. Another whole month has passed without a whisper on here. I suppose life is a bit like that. Sometimes busy and sometimes quiet.
Currently my life is busy. About 18 months ago I decided I wanted to go back to study. This was a big step. I had been out of the workforce for nearly 10 years and hadn't studied since I was a teenager! After being asked to volunteer in my daughters class helping with art each week, and helping begin and run a playgroup at my kids school, I knew that I really wanted to work towards becoming an EA. So I enrolled in an external course and started studying.

Now I also do some relief work and continue to study and try to fit everything else in around that. There is just over 6 months left of my course, a few more assignments and one more work placement to go. Then....well, I don't know what comes next. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Now I know that pretty pictures are appreciated, so I best find some photos of what crafty happenings have occurred around here lately. I think I need to start off with the rest of my TDF spins, as I didn't quite get back to them....

All these fibers are from Corgi Hill Farm (how unusual lol).

This braid of Merino/Bamboo/Silk (50/25/25)


became this yarn

 
which became this very special shawl.



This braid of Shetland


became this squishy 3ply yarn of about worsted weight. No plans for it yet, but it maintained a pretty good gradient, so something to show that off I think.


Lastly this braid of BFL/Silk (85/15)


became this yarn.

That will do for now I think.

Cheers!

No comments: