Thursday, May 21, 2009

I like sewing boys clothes

I really do like sewing boys clothes. Here are two examples that I made as a gift for a friends DS. The Bert Bermudas from the latest Ottobre - 3/2009 #23 in a size 104. I didn't add a hem allowance, as I didn't want them to be too long. I used a lovely red soft drill (possibly with a touch of poly in it) that I picked up as a remnant. The colour is a bit out, as I took the photos too late in the afternoon. And yes, the white line on the fly is my marking pencil - I have washed it out now :)



A singlet top from 2/2005 #19 in a size 110 with a length of 116. I used some Stella (cotton/elastometric blend) from the Crafty Mamas Shop in lime and chocolate. It is delightful to sew (this was my first project with it).



I added tags to both the top and the shorts from my Farbenmix ribbon (also from the Crafty Mamas Shop).

I can't wait to give these to the birthday boy on the weekend!

Cheers!

No comments: