Ever since seeing a tutorial for a boxy bag, I have wanted to make one. Only problem was, I wanted no visible inside seams. So I started with this tutorial http://patchyapple.wordpress.com/2009/01/15/patchyapple-boxy-bag-tutorial/ to get the rough measurements, as I wasn't really up to working them out myself. I did the outside and inside in two pieces, so I have a seam at the bottom. This made it easier to sew the zip in, and also to do the lining.
I used fusible wadding/fleece to help strengthen the bag and help it to hold its shape. That proved to be a challenge in itself!! I sewed the zip on and unpicked the zip 3 times, as the fleece kept pushing my sewing off track, and my stitching would just drive off the side. Argh! Finally I sewed it on and it was perfect! Until I turned it over, and I had sewn the zip in upside down. So the inner fabric was going to be the outside. So I unpicked it AGAIN! 5th time lucky, I got it in perfectly. And the second half of the zip was a doddle after that lol
I put in a handle and a tab at the opposite end. I hand stitched the turning opening in the lining, as I am proud to say that I am finally getting better at it! :)
The fabric was a remnant from SL that is soooooo soft! It is like a heavier cotton, though not as heavy as a drill. It sews beautifully and I love the circles. The inside is also a remnant of cotton from SL.
Close up of the hand sewing :)
This scarf is finally finished! It was an UFO from a preious post, and I finished it a few weeks ago but have only just got around to taking photos. It is so warm and soft. I found the pattern here http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com/2007/06/my-june-scarf-slant-stitch.html.
I love the stitch design, though it does look better in a finer yarn and a single colour. But I followed a pattern from start until finish and it worked!