Saturday, July 30, 2011

Yarn Dyeing With The Kids

On the school holidays, the kids wanted to have a go at dyeing some yarn. I had bought some new colours of Wilton's Food Colour Paste, so we decided to test them out.
I had a voucher from Spotlight that they sent out for my birthday, so stopped in there to get some 100% wool for the kids - Moda Vera Pure Wool 8ply. Only cost me $2 after the voucher, so a good activity :)

The kids decided what colours they wanted to use, and where they wanted them to go on their skeins. They did most of the applying, I just helped and tried to guide it a little to avoid muddy patches.

DD went for more colours in smaller sections.


DS decided on fewer colours with larger sections.


Don't they just look so bright and happy?!








I have started to knit DS's into a scarf, using the Biba Trellis stitch I found in a stitch pattern book.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Tas said...

I am not sure that I am ready to face my children and food colouring in the same room :P
How cool for kids to see the whole process. They must be chuffed!