But I was feeling the urge to sew. The sewing I had got around to doing lately was hemming pants - urgh!!
I decided I needed a new little black bag for going out. And what better way to start than shopping the stash :) So I found the perfect fabric and then a pattern - the Pleated Wristlet from Michellepatterns. After printing my pattern, I set to cutting the pieces. Except that I couldn't get the pieces to be the correct shape! The fabric I had chosen was too slippery and kept moving :( I hauled out the heavy duty interfacing I was planning to use and cut my pieces from that and ironed them onto the fabric before cutting them out - much better! I was a little skeptical about the fabric, as it was a drapey dress fabric, but it turned out beautifully.
I added a little pocket on the inside of the bag and didn't add the wadding or quilt the lining.
I used a heavy-ish cotton with a light interfacing for the lining. Then I just had to find a zip from the bag of reclaimed ones I have kicking around.... The pattern called for an O-ring, though I only had a D-ring, so that is what I used.
Such a great pattern and I love the end result.
I also managed to finish a spinning project that I started way back in May!
I took some Rambo in 2 colourways from Corgi Hill Farm and blended it with Tussah Silk, also from CHF, to make these gorgeous batts.
It spun up into ~9wpi and ~785m of soft, squishy yarn :)