I was sort of tidying up my sewing area on Tuesday and this is what I found. An UFO - unfinished object.
Stuffed away in a bag was a project I started way back in May 2008. Basically I started this just after I started sewing. I thought it would be a relatively simple project and finally found some fabric I liked enough to make it. It is a poly/spandex blend, not my first choice, but I was a newbie back then - well that is my excuse. It actually feels really nice to wear.
I had left it in a bit of a mess. I was so frustrated when I was sewing it, the neckline wouldn't sit properly, and was all twisted and wrinkly. So I had a fair bit of unpicking to do when I went to finish it this week. Knowing a few more tricks, I was able to make the neckline work. No more wrinkles. It isn't perfect, but I am happy with it.
I then attached the bodice skirt, but it didn't seem to have enough stretch between the bodice top and the bodice skirt, so when I put it on, it felt like it was going to pop stitches. So more unpicking and the addition of clear elastic later, I finally finished it.
Recently I had made some banana bread for my family. It was enjoyed and the recipe was simple. But my DS wanted me to change it - he wanted pineapple bread. So used a can of drained crushed pineapple instead of the bananas. The result is yummy! I like fruit breads and cakes. DH however was not as impressed. He doesn't like chewing chewy bits in his cakes.
And tomorrow is my sisters birthday. So I tried a new cupcake recipe - Double Chocolate Raspberry Cake. If the raw mix is anything to go by, they should be delicious!