With a Beautiful Blogger Award by Heather from Sewing on Pins. Thanks Heather.
Now apparently I need to share 10 things about myself that you, as readers, don't know. Hmmm - that is going to be tough.....so I will give it my best shot - so no laughing ok ;)
1. I studied horticulture. I wanted to be a vet but didn't get the marks - which is probably a good thing, you can rescue unwanted plants by the trailer-full, not quite the same with un-wanted animals lol
2. I grew up on a dairy farm. I loved milking the cows, doing cattle work - pretty much all aspects of farming. And there is nothing better than icy cold fresh milk straight from the vat!
3. I only started sewing 2.5 years ago - there is still so much I don't know, but I am looking forward to learning.
4. When I started sewing, I wasn't afraid of anything - I just jumped in and tried it, I still do mostly.
5. My husband and I got engaged after just 6 weeks together. We were 19 :)
6. I love swimming at the beach, but don't do it often enough anymore.
7. I had two horses growing up - one called Johnny who I got when I was 7 and Tiffany who I got as a foal when I was about 13. I haven't ridden in about 8 years though.
8. I really don't like watching reality TV shows. I think I half watched the very first Big Brother, but that was it. Can't stand Masterchef, X-Factor or Idol (or any of the rest). But I do love watching Australian TV series - we have some very talented stars here :)
9. My longest running hobby has been competitions - love entering and waiting for something in the mail, though I don't do as much now.
10. One of my nick-names growing up was motormouth - guess I talked a lot :)
So there you go - 10 things. Good thing I didn't say they were going to be exciting lol
Now I need to nominate 5 people for this award. It is just a fun thing to do - so don't feel pressured or anything.
Tas - from Little Boozle, because she has such a fabulous way with words, and sews some awesome clothes for herself and her kids.
Sara - from Willow & Moo - her sewing is just amazing!!
Joy - from 21 Wale. I love seeing all the clothes she makes for herself.
Helen - from Stitcharooney. Not only does she create gorgeous clothing for her kids, but she shares scrummy cooking.
Vic - from Punky & Me. Not only does she find some fantastic stuff at her op-shops, but she is pretty awesome with her drawings!