I have some pictures to show of my new jeans :) My first pair of jeans (in adult size) that I have made. Woohoo! Even though they are not quite perfect, it does not detract from that fact that I made a pair of jeans lol And they weren't hard to do.
I did procrastinate for a fair while, a month or two at least, because I was scared. And it was probably a good thing I did, as the denim I had bought wasn't enough. Also it had lycra in it and if I had used it, well, I wouldn't be so happy right now. Although I used the size according to my hip measurement, they were slightly too big, so a smidge of adjustment over the hip/waist area got them fitting snugger.
But oh dear, one slight problem, they are most definitely considered high waisted on me :( Sitting pretty much at the smallest part of my waist, they are a good 4cm + too high for my liking. This is ok and live-able with in looser tops, but certainly not with anything that fits snugly - well not after wearing for a few hours, as I develop a little pooch in front lol But I know what I want to change next time around, so it isn't a waste of time.
The colour of the jeans screamed home made when I first finished them, very solid and flat, with no high/low lights. So I took to the jeans with some steel wool - what fun that was! The result was much preferable.
To go with my jeans, I decided to make a new top as most of my long sleeved ones are looking pretty tatty. Gorgeous charcoal marle stella from Crafty Mama's, with some LoveChirp embroidery from Huups. (I know it isn't centered perfectly, I still need practice).
The joy of this top is that I got to use all 4 of my machines on the one project, sewing machine, overlocker, cover stitch and embroidery - I knew I needed all of them for a reason!
Top is Ottobre 2/2006 #1 with a slightly rounded v-neck. Jeans are 5/2007 #10, the bootleg variation.