I wanted to match DD's dress colours as close as possible to ours, but man, that was hard work! The choice of colours just didn't seem enough. But I managed to get them pretty close, and the end result was just gorgeous! Both fabrics were a taffeta - but it wasn't a heavy taffeta - quite light actually. The underskirt was just bridal tulle. Pretty much the only changes I did was to leave off the bow on the dress, and the ribbon on the underskirt (oh, and forgetting to read the instructions and mucking up how to attach the bodice lining to the skirt - woops!)
DS's outfit was a little more complex; jacket, pants, shirt, vest and tie! I used black linen/cotton for the suit - it was a dream to sew. Stretch cotton poplin for the shirt, again, a dream to sew. The vest and tie were from DD's fabrics to match. Changes to DS's outfit were to lengthen the pants from 3/4 to full length. I also lengthened the sleeves on the jacket as he has monkey arms lol. The one problem I did run into, was that I made the patterns in a size 128, then remeasured DS, I really should've gone up a size.....so I told he wasn't allowed to grow until after the wedding....thankfully he didn't - but it won't be an outfit he wears again, except for maybe the pants because I left them a bit long and they can always be converted to shorts later.
They were both so excited to be part of such a special day and were so well behaved. DD loved getting ready with us, and being able to wear a little bit of makeup for the day. And doesn't she look gorgeous with her hair curled! And DS spent the day doing 'boy' things and getting ready with the big boys.
Patterns used were:
Dress - #19 3/2008
Underskirt - #20 3/2008
Jacket - #27 3/2006
Pants - #29 2/2004
Shirt - #21 3/2009
Vest - #20 3/2009
Tie - #22 3/2009
Don't we look all spiffy dressed up! :)