Saturday, March 26, 2011

Knipmode 101B March 2010 Top

Ever since I saw this pattern in the Knipmode special I have been wanting to try it. I finally got around to it a few weeks ago.


The fabric was a cotton interlock(??) with not much stretch - which is pretty much the only downfall of this top. It stretched out a bit when I had to unpick along the top front and didn't recover. But that is ok, because I still like to wear it (I might put some elastic there at some point if I can be bothered).


Things I changed - I shortened the elastic on the sleeve edges, and the bottom hem is different to the pattern, as it wasn't until I went to do the hem that I realised that I should've traced both parts for the length. Duh!! It would've made it much easier to hem had I done this.

Overall the top is comfortable and easy to wear. It is a good length for me and rather easy to sew once you work out exactly where you need to sew each bit and don't have to unpick it lol


Cheers!

4 comments:

Clodagh a.k.a. Isra said...

very nice and that is a great colour on you.

Tas said...

Gorgeous style and great colour Liz.

Marie said...

Looks great Liz. I am so glad you have been brave enough to tackle a KM. I look at mine from time to time, but lose my confidence with the instructions not being in English.

Heather said...

Cute! I really like the sleeves and the ruffle in the front. I'm sure it'll be even easier the second time around, if you do choose to tackle it again. :)