Sunday, March 13, 2011

Farbenmix Tini

Having had this pattern for quite a while now (oops, nearly 2.5 years!), and in my attempt to try and use my stash, I made one up for my niece for her 3rd birthday.

 
She picked the fabric from my collection for it, and it is just so cute! It originally came from my mum's fabric and was in two pieces. She said she made us pj's out of it, so it is pretty old.....
I had to fussy cut around some marks that were on it, but managed to get the bottom tier out of the pattern - just.


As my niece is 92.5cms tall, and the pattern runs 86/92, 98/104 etc, I went for the next size up. Well, not only will she be able to wear it all winter with leggings and a long sleeved top, but next summer and possibly next winter too! Ah well - she loved it and that is all that matters :)

Cheers!

3 comments:

Tas said...

Gorgeous Liz. That bottom tier just adds that something extra to the dress.

Unknown said...

Liz is that the first time you have used the pattern? Looks lovely and I love that your mum used it to make pj's

Liz said...

Thanks Ladies.

Yes Clo, it is the first time using the pattern - I don't know why as it is really quick and so gorgeous :)