Friday, March 30, 2012

Catch Up Post

Yes, it has come to that again! I need to do a catch up if I want to have any hope of remembering to share what I have been up to.

Remember this? I dyed some more fleece to mix with it, in a dark blue. I played with my hand cards and made rolags for the first time (which really aren't so great to do worsted spinning from - learning curve!) But it was fun.




It looked pretty all plied up. I am attempting to swatch it to see what I might want to turn it into.



I also gained some more fleece. A lamb fleece from my Dad, which is a Merino X Poll Dorset or South Suffolk. Such a very small amount of wool - but I think it feels delightfully soft (Dad has other opinions, and tells me it isn't as soft as it could be). I only got about 180g or so after washing and picking all the prickles out - lambs are grubby little things.






Also some merino ewe fleece from a neighbour of Dads. So very kind of them. I haven't washed all of it, but what I have washed is lovely and soft also.



And the biggest - I finally finished my crochet Cap Sleeve Top that I started last year. I was procrastinating big time on this, as it was sitting there with just 1 round of crochet to go, and the ends to be woven in. Tut, tut! I am glad I have finished it though, as it is soooooooo lovely. I wore it to the Roxette concert and it wears well. I may need to put a little elastic on the shoulder straps at some point, as they are a little loose.




Cheers!

4 comments:

Marie said...

I love the crocheted top - you did a fab job on it Liz

Unknown said...

Hi Liz, I hope you are well. What a gorgeous top, if I saw you on the street I would stop and stare, looks fab!

Frances said...

Oh wow! Gorgeous job on the top, Liz. And it suits you beautifully. And wonderful job on the wool, too. I think the sheep better watch their fleeces when you're around ;)

Carolyn said...

Wow! I love your crocheted top! The lace edging is just beautiful.
And you are dyeing and spinning your own wool? now that is really impressive! To have complete input into your garment, from the animal to you, is a rare experience today.