Wow! We have been busy. The kids and I did some glass painting - also known as window clings - the other day. I drew the outlines, and let the kids paint inside the design. DD nearly 4yr old needed a fair bit of help, but enjoyed squeezing out the paint and spreading it around. DS nearly 6yr old was rather good and enjoyed swapping the colours around, as you can see in the photos. I also did one of a fish, as I couldn't leave all the fun to the kids!! And today we stuck them on the windows.
I found a pattern for a crochet dishcloth on the web. I am sorry - I have forgotten the web link, if I find it I will add it in later. I used a beautiful bamboo cotton and it is so super soft, I have decided to use it as a face washer. No point in wasting it's beautiful-ness in the kitchen sink. It took just over a whole ball to make. When I make it again, I will make it a bit smaller so that it doesn't use more than a ball.
And today I traced, cut and sewed (shock horror - all done in one day) a nighty from the Favourite Things Nighty Night ladies pattern. As I was using a very thin cotton voile, I decided to cut two of the bodice top front and back twice so that I could use one as a facing. This worked really well, and gives it a bit more stability. When I make this pattern again, I will do the same. I will also make the straps a little shorter I think, they slip off my shoulders a bit. I want to try the pj's as well. I do like how you use the seam allowance between the top and bottom peices to make a casing for the elastic. I umm'd and ahh'd about putting the elastic in, so I tried it on, and decided there was no harm in trying. It looks so much better with it in. It fits better and hangs better. Overall, I am very happy with this pattern, and certainly recommend it.
Hope everyone has a great week.