Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ouch!

I was on the lawn today, hanging out the washing... I know, boring stuff, but I was enjoying the cool grass and I had pulled out a heap of the prickles a few weeks ago so it would be nice to walk on, and WHAM!! I stepped on a bee! Blimey! I now understand why my kids get so upset and wound up when stung. I haven't had a bee sting in years, but shikes, those little suckers hurt like heck! And right in the nice little soft part of my foot.
So, I am sorry little bee - I didn't mean to step on you - but it wasn't like there was any flowers on the grass where I stepped. How about from now on, you just keep to your flowers and I will try very hard not to step on any more of your friends.

I will leave you with a photo of a gorgeous rose from my garden.



Cheers!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Beautiful rose, Ive got a similar one in my backyard, ouch for the bee, I have never been stung! (touch wood)

Frances said...

Lucky you having roses! The roses here are well and truly done for the year. In fact I'm not sure it got above freezing all weekend - not conducive to lovely blooming flowers!