is completed! And I am very happy with the result. I chose the Farbenmix Valeska skirt, some gorgeous soft denim fabric and an embroidery that I did on felt. It was also my very first applique embroidery - and so much fun!
I did modify the skirt a fair bit. It is meant to be an elastic waisted skirt, but I wanted a fitted waist, as I figure it would've been more slimming for someone with good childbearing hips like mine ;). So I started with the size to my measurements, and brought the seams in until it fit how I wanted. Seems that I then needed the smallest size. Which I lengthened to the XL size so it wasn't indecent :)
I put an invisible zip in the side seam - though I must say, I did botch it a little - but it is all on the inside, the outside of the zip looks pretty good. I finished the pocket edges and the bottom hem off with some bias binding I had made a few months ago. I think it gives it a nice touch.
Next time, I will use slightly wider seam allowances on the sides, as it is a bit loose still.
So my challenge for January is complete, but I have many more ideas of what I would like to sew for myself - a new top to match my skirt is just one of them.