Following on from this post, I did some dyeing of my own after I had helped the kids with theirs. Mine was more simple, as I was after a tone on tone sort of look, with speckles. And for some reason I wanted yellow. Actually I wanted orange, but I didn't have enough orange mixed up so settled with yellow and orange for the speckles.
The yarn is BWM Luxury 4ply - I am giving it a go to make socks for myself. The pattern is Diagonal Lace Socks by Wendy D Johnson. It is my first try at toe-up socks, and I am also doing them two-at-a-time on 2 circulars. Here is the wool wound into 2 separate balls to make it easier to do them both together.
It is slow going, but pretty straight forward. There are a few yarn overs in the wrong spot due to some "lack of attention" knitting sessions, but they will be hidden by my shoes (and I am pretty sure no one else will care except me, and I don't care enough to go back and fix them - knowing how it happened is enough knowledge for me - if I pick it up early enough I do stop and fix it).
I can't wait until they are finished and I can wear them (and cast on some more in a different pattern). I have plans for a pair of purple socks - I just need to dye the yarn :)