Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Melly & Me Sweetness in my House :)


Well, they are sort of in my house. They are hidden away in a cupboard away from sticky little fingers and peeping eyes until Christmas morning. I wanted to make on each for my kids. They sort of picked out the patterns, when asked which ones they liked, DS said Dilbert (luckily, as I had already bought the pattern lol) and DD picked Blossom. They don’t know they are getting them and I am just busting to see their little faces light up when they unwrap them.
I am really happy with both of them, though a few changes were made (when don’t I lol). Blossoms wings are attached with velcro so they can be removed if necessary for cuddling in bed, and they don’t have fusible fleece in them, sadly I didn’t have any, so I just used medium weight interfacing. Dilbert has no sewn on spots as he came pre-spotted (well the fabric did). It is leftover from the cubby house curtains I made.
Please welcome Dilbert:

Please welcome Blossom:

Other Christmas project progress has been happening. I finished off two pot mitts for my Grandma, to match her apron. Pictures later. DS’s shorts are about 1/3 done, need more kid asleep time, me thinks! Changed the pattern I was going to make DD’s top from too lol. It was going to be the “Hugs” top from Otto 1/2008, but I don’t have any bias binding to match the fabric, so I traced off the “Puffi” t-shirt from the Otto 3/2008 issue instead. It is all cut out, ready to sew now.
So other than that, I have a little more Christmas shopping to be done, just little things, and some Coffee Kitchen Hand Scrub to make up in the next week. Then I suppose I should look at making my shortbread mince pies for Christmas eating………..I have some fruit mince left from last year, so that should be well and truly delicious this year (it was last year too, but a year spent doing whatever the alcohol does can only improve it).
Cheers!

No comments: