Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pikelets, Gardening & Sewing

Wow, what a rather productive day! Even if it did start with a lie-in, reading my book in peace for awhile. We made pikelets for morning tea. The kids had great fun decorating theirs with hundreds & thousands and chocolate sprinkles. Me, I just stuck with jam lol
I also managed to get out into the garden and do a heap of pruning and weeding and just general tidying up. Looks heaps better!

I cut out and finished one of my patterns that I traced yesterday. Ottobre Designs 2/2005 issue, pattern #1 - Lettuce Edged T-shirt for my niece in a size 74 (for Christmas - she will be 12 months in February, so I want it to fit for the whole of summer). It was just so cute and relatively easy to sew. My ribbing binding on the neckline can do with some work, but I am still trying to find the perfect way to attach this without buying a Coverstitch machine (but I do dream………) But the hems were down with a rolled hem - my favourite way to hem lol So easy! And it is the entire reason I bought an overlocker - but that is a different story :)
Anyways, the tee was to go with a little tunic top and pants, also from Ottobre, issue 2/2004 patterns #2 & #4, also a size 74. I really love Ottobre patterns, and the tunic top made me realise why. It has top-stitching on the panels - now before I started sewing with Ottobre, I had never heard of top-stitching, let alone done any. And it makes all the difference! It adds detail and makes the outfit look more professional.

The little t-shirt - a lovely cotton/lycra remnant from spotlight.



The binding isn’t too bad on the front thank goodness :) It is relatively covered from the back where it isn’t as neat.

And the whole outfit together. I love this rose print cotton poplin. I bought 2 metres of it, on the first day it came on sale in spotlight - and I have just a few little scraps left.

Cheers!

No comments: